Order through AmazonSmile and support United Breast Cancer Foundation!
Back-to-school season is upon us! Here at United Breast Cancer Foundation, we know it’s difficult to find the time for in person shopping. Many turn to Amazon for a quick and easy way to order school supplies for their children. Did you know that when you shop AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to UBCF?! This is a simple and easy way to turn your shopping into a force for good!
Click this link to get started.
Not sure which items to buy? We’ve put together a list of back-to-school necessities to give you some inspiration, broken down by age group.
For children going into elementary and middle school, here are some items to consider ordering:
- Pens, pencils, and markers. It may seem like a no-brainer, but children tend to miraculously lose their pens and pencils every year, so be sure to stock up.
- What good are colorful pens and pencils without a pencil case to put them in? Here is a fun option to get your kids excited about going back-to-school.
- There are tons of backpack options on amazon. Jansport, North Face, Herschel, just to name a few. Have your child show up to school wearing their brand new stylish backpack!
- For middle school students especially, the transition to having more than one classroom can be challenging. Help your little one stay organized with a binder or accordion folder.
- Regular folders and notebooks are important too! Let your child get creative with their school supplies. This Jojo Siwa notebook is cute!
- Don’t forget the miscellaneous items that your child may need. Rulers, erasers, staplers, and scissors and all items that you might find yourself missing as the year progresses. Get ahead of the curve by purchasing them now.
- Lastly, having a colorful lunchbox may not sound like a necessity, but to your child it might feel like one. Amazon has endless options for lunch bags. Get one that will fit your child’s personality and style!
What might a high schooler need, you ask? We’ve got you covered.
- A laptop or portable device such as an ipad or chrome book. With so much of our classrooms moving to an online format, having a device for note-taking and online learning is a must. Amazon has many different device options at discounted prices. Start browsing today!
- Now that your child has entered high school, their style might have changed a bit. Order them a new backpack and set of pens to reflect their maturing tastes.
- With the SAT and ACT slowly creeping up, order some practice books to encourage your high schooler to start studying. It never hurts to plan ahead.
College can be a major transition. You might find yourself overwhelmed with moving your child into a dormitory and having to accommodate room decor in addition to textbooks and class materials. Here is a list of items to get the wheels turning:
- Order a duvet. Let your child pick out the cover and bedding. After all, they might want to coordinate with their roommate(s) to build their dream room.
- What’s a dream room without fairy lights? Order the lights of your choice from a wide selection of aesthetically pleasing options on amazon.
- Plates, mugs, and silverware are considered essential in one’s dorm room. Late night snack anyone?
- You’ll need a cute rug and vacuum. These two go hand in hand for obvious reasons. Here is a compact one on amazon to get you started.
- Laundry is the easiest thing to keep tidy in a dorm room, since you just have to stuff it all in a hamper. Here is a cute, collapsable option.
- Shower items: bathrobe, towels, shower caddy, and shower shoes just to name a few.
- Storage bins and plastic drawers. These rooms are small, so it might take some creativity and organizational skills to accommodate the lack of space.
If you still want more inspiration, check out this article on 39 dorm essentials that every college student needs.
Are you feeling overwhelmed with the costly burden of purchasing school supplies each year? Apply for support through UBCF’s Child Sponsorship Program. We understand that the entire family is impacted by a breast cancer diagnosis, so we developed the Child Sponsorship Program to support children directly impacted by breast cancer. To learn more about the program guidelines and application process, visit the services page on our website or click here.