The United Breast Cancer Foundation would like to take this opportunity to recognize and thank all the mothers in our lives. This Sunday, we will all celebrate motherhood and the maternal bonds that tie us together.
As a mother, it has become ever-more clear throughout the years, that motherhood is the most sacred and honorable of assignments. I have been gifted the privilege of mothering three “Men-in-Training” and I take this responsibility seriously. Don’t get me wrong, there are lots of laughs and some (ok, many) mis-steps along the way, however, I always make my best effort to be a guiding light for my boys; to be a real, honest, conscious and connected human being for myself and my boys.
I am not only Mother to my children. I am Mother to myself – not in replacement of my own, dear Mom, but as an evolution of my human experience. Eventually, we all come to parent ourselves as we travel our path of life.
How will you honor the Mother in you & your own dear Mother this weekend? There are so many ways, even if Mom is no longer with you. Here are some of my favorites:
* A walk with Mom through nature
* A long (or short!) chat with Mom while sipping your favorite Tea
* A visit to your favorite childhood/Momma hang-out
* Call your siblings and reminisce over memories of Mom
* Take a nap, falling asleep with intentions of dreaming about Mom
* Write a letter of gratitude and mail it, or ceremoniously share it