Have you wanted to find new and creative ways to support the United Breast Cancer Foundation and help our cause? Have you ever wanted to show your support in a meaningful way that involves your community and doing things you enjoy?
UBCF now has a way for you to start your own fundraising campaign! Show us why you are passionate about the cause. A “peer to peer campaign” is a way for you to create your own campaign in which your friends and family can participate. UBCF peer to peer campaigns can take place in any form: over social media, through emails, or in person. The main goal is to spread awareness and raise funds, all while having fun!
You don’t need a lot of money or resources to start your own peer to peer campaign. Don’t know where to start? Here is a list of some campaign ideas to get the ball rolling.
- Host a karaoke night in your backyard! Patrons can donate as an ‘entry fee’, or donate a set amount to sing a song. This is a fun way to spend an evening with music and laughs, all for a great cause.
- Live in a family friendly neighborhood? Host a bake sale or lemonade stand! Every penny counts, and you may be able to educate local kids on breast cancer in the process.
- Host a painting night! All you need is a pack of canvases, paint supplies, and some creativity.
- Engage in some friendly competition with a basketball or soccer tournament. Or any sport that suits your fancy. This will encourage exercise and fun for all ages, while supporting our cause.
- Don’t want to step outside the comfort of your home? Start a fundraiser from your couch! Share UBCF and your campaign on social media and encourage friends to donate. You can have fun with this as well – make it into a 30 day challenge!
- Have a game night with your buddies! All “winnings” can be donated to UBCF.
- Are there old items taking up space around your home? Have a yard sale and donate the proceeds to UBCF!
The point is, there are endless ways to get involved with UBCF. You don’t necessarily have to donate large amounts to make an impact. Spread the word by letting your friends, family, and coworkers know why you are passionate about UBCF and how they can contribute.
Need additional guidance? We have some additional tips that can be found on our website here.
The funds that you raise will go towards our eight patient and family programs. These programs provide patients, survivors and family members with financial support for breast screenings, breast reconstruction, help with rent, childcare, college tuition and more. Starting a peer to peer fundraising campaign can change someone’s life. Click here to get started today.